Monday, December 17, 2007

Movie Quotes IV





Oh, here's a few more for your edification and education and delight:

"Artists are better off dead-they're not so troublesome... Van Gogh was crazy because he killed himself. He couldn't sell a painting when he was alive, and now they're worth 30 million dollars. They weren't that bad then, and they're not that good now-so who's crazy?"
John Kerr in THE COBWEB (1955)

"One day when I was about six, my parents had a row, and my mother-she threw a pickled herring at my dad-and missed. It splattered against the wall. I took one look at that pickled herring, and that's when I decided to become an abstract expressionist."
Alan Bates to Jill Clayburgh in AN UNMARRIED WOMAN (1978)

"Go home. Paint something dead."
Judi Davis to Ralph Brown in I M P R O M P T U (1991)

"What I am is a 32-year old, ugly, pockmarked Jew fairy, and if it takes me a while to pull myself together, and I smoke a little grass before I get up the nerve to show my face to the world...it's nobody's goddamn business but my own."
Leonard Fry in THE BOYS IN THE BAND (1970)

"You got to have balls, and you have to have brains. You got too much of one and not enough of the other."
Paul Newman to Tom Cruise in THE COLOR OF MONEY (1986)

"You try to look like an old lady and you're not. You shouldn't wear your hair like that. There are two kinds of women; those who pay too much attention to themselves, and those who don't pay enough."
William Holden to Grace Kelly in THE COUNTRY GIRL (1954)

"Funny thing is, you are sort of attractive-in a cornfed sort of way. I can see some poor girl falling for you if-well, if you threw in a set of dishes."
Bette Davis in THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER (1941)

"Now listen, boy. I was prepared to cut you a little slack because of Patty Jean; well, your time is up. So listen real good to what I'm going to tell you. This is my command here. You watch your mouth when you're here. Or I might cut off your balls and serve them forbreakfast."
Sean Connery to Mark Harmon in THE PRESIDO (1988)

"These days a man doesn't know if he's driving a car or an animal. Mustang, Jaguar, Cougar, Pinto...silly!...My first car was a Hudson..Henrik Hudson.They should only name cars after explorers and rivers. I'd love to drive a Mississippi, or an Amazon, a convertible Rio Grande, or an automatic Thames...a stickshift Yangtze."
Art Carney in HARRY AND TONTO (1974)

"I'm hard to get-all you have to do is ask me."
Jean Arthur to Cary Grant in ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS (1939)

"Babies come from when an angel lights on their mother's chest and whispers into her ear. That makes good babies start to grow. Bad babies come from when a fallen angel squeezes in down there and they grow and grow until they come out down there. I don't know where good babies come from."
Meg Tilly to Jane Fonda in AGNES OF GOD (1985)

"Ma, when you gonna give up? You've got a bachelor on your hands. I ain't never gonna get married. Whatever it is that women like, I ain't got it. I'm a fat, little man. All that ever happened to me was girls made me feel like a bug."
Ernest Borgnine in MARTY (1955)

"You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers and say "That's the bad guy."
Al Pacino in SCARFACE (1983)

"You're willing to pay a thousand dollars a night just for singing? Why, you can get a phonograph record of Minnie the Moocher for 75 cents. For a buck and a quarter you can get Minnie" Groucho Marx in A NIGHT AT THE OPERA (1935)

Arthur: I'm going to take a bath.
Hobson: I'll alert the media.
Dudley Moore and John Gielgud in ARTHUR (1981)

"All Americans love the sting of battle. That's why we never lost a war. We're going to go through the enemy like crap through a goose."
George C. Scott in PATTON (1970)

No comments: