Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Poetry--Schmooetry


I suppose I should, but I still refuse to apologize for the following.

1,
The fog rolls in on little cat feet -
Takes a dump in the bay -
Then runs around like a crazy thing -
Chasing nothing.

2,
I must away to the toilet go -
Perhaps to take a leak -
What once was a mighty river flow -
Is now a dribbling creek -

3,
I must go down to the garage again -
Where the lonely Volvo beds -
And all I ask is a good stout wrench -
Faith, courage, and leverage.

4,
Living my freeze dried life -
A spoonful and water makes Thursday -
A spoonful and water makes Friday -
It's easy.

5,
If you are a young man and still full of it -
The symbols mean one thing -
If you are an old man and damn near through with it
The symbols mean other things

So leave me alone, leave me alone.

6,
I was young -
I would rule the world -
With my own brilliant hand -
But I had to sell my lever -
To rent a place to stand.

P.S.

You cannot stop the river's flow -
Dammit!

Doug Palmer April 2008
Poetry Month for you that do not know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh, enjoy your trade - and you wield your tool handily. I probably should apologize.. but lol you know the drill ;>

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO! Love the dog "bowl", not sure it registered the first time around!

Glenn Buttkus said...

Doug Palmer does not consider himself a poet, and yet his thoughts have that tell-tale poetic bent. I have to, or feel obligated to pull some of his stuff off his other blog, FEEL FREE TO LAUGH, and share them with the folks who drop by here. Often, he will write prose, and I will rearrange the words, his words, into poetic lines. Sometimes as I get older I feel more than a ten year old every day. I see and hear poetry all about me, constantly.

Glenn

Glenn Buttkus said...

Of course, that should have read,"feel more like a ten year old every day,". Old fingers do not always follow the dictates of an old cortex. But it is good to keep in touch with our child inside. It is what creativity is all about!

Glenn

Anonymous said...

Oh, good on you, Glenn! You're a poet's poet and loves to show it! I'll try to remember to make comments on Doug's blog, too. What a hoot! I would never stifle your "inner child" - mine likes it too much! hee hee

Wow. But now I'm even more impressed with your craft! Thanks so much for sharing this with me, you could have let me act the fool for a bit longer, you know..? ;>