Friday, May 23, 2008

Sarcastic Starling


Doug Palmer was touring and using the LA train station recently. He wrote in FEEL FREE TO LAUGH this morning:

Before we got on the train, however, we walked through the station.
Looks like this. Majestic, I'm sure I've seen it in movies.
Birds fly in and out working the crowd for peanuts.
Or chips.
One came up to me while I was chewing on a tough cinnamon roll.
"Hey pal, you gonna eat that?"
"Sorry, it's not good for you little birdies to eat this stuff"
"You from Seattle, bird hugger"
"What's it to ya if I am?"
"You soggy envirocephs, are so lame"
"It's your health"
"You know, mossbrain, it's not those cheap levis that make your butt look big, it's all that fat that makes your butt look big. If you're so bloody healthy, let's see you do this."
With that, he flew to the rafters and emitted a white substance that seems to have permantly stained my REI Gore-tex jacket.

it seems to me that the next big thing for Lane Savant is to write a guide book or function as a tour guide.

Glenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the first place the only reason i approached him in the first place was because he held out his fingers pretending he had something for me when he didn't.
I really hate it when they do that.
You're not required to feed me.
But it is very rude to pretend when you have nothing to share.
This is how I make my living, teasing me just because "I'm So Cute" just doesn't cut it.
Feed me or don't, just don't jerk me around, alright?
Secondly I never made any insulting jokes about his butt.
I did fly away, however but who it was who crapped on him, I dunno...
I've asked around, and frankly I don't think it was any of us.
Just more typical human persiflage.

Just trying to keep the record straight.
................Mortimer Starling