Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Natalie Portman Says


Awards are so unnecessary, because I think we get so much out of our work just by doing it. The work is a reward in itself.
Natalie Portman

Breast implants gross me out. I don't think they're attractive at all.
Natalie Portman

Cute is when your personality shines through your looks. Like, when you see someone's personality in the way they walk and you just feel like hugging them every time you see them.
Natalie Portman

Going to a party, for me, is as much a learning experience as, you know, sitting in a lecture.
Natalie Portman

I am not someone who sacrifice all for the cinema, my life will be always more important.
Natalie Portman

I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
Natalie Portman

I don't think I've ever been in love, I'm sure I will be some day. I've had enormous crushes, although I've never been into the Brad Pitt thing.
Natalie Portman

I like acting for now. But after seeing Apollo 13, what I really want to do is to be an astronaut. I'm dying to go to a space camp next summer!
Natalie Portman

I loved school so much that most of my classmates considered me a dork.
Natalie Portman

I remember how to be a person by being around them.
Natalie Portman

I speak fluent Hebrew and even dream in Hebrew when we visit there, once or twice a year.
Natalie Portman

I think school is so much harder than real life. People are so much more accepting when they are adults.
Natalie Portman

I was really excited to get to shave my head - it's something I'd wanted to do for a while and now I had a good excuse. It was nice to shed that level of vanity.
Natalie Portman

I was really into dancing, taking six classes a week, and my real dream was to be in a Broadway show.
Natalie Portman

I'm a Gemini, so I change my mind every day.
Natalie Portman

I'm always on the phone because I'm usually not with the people I want to be with.
Natalie Portman

I'm going to college. I don't care if it ruins my career. I'd rather be smart than a movie star.
Natalie Portman

I've stood up to producers before, and even a director. I saw them being abusive. A lot of people on the set are scared to say stuff when they're not being treated right.
Natalie Portman

If you're an actress or a musician, everyone thinks you're hot.
Natalie Portman

It scares me to think that one day I'm not going to be in school anymore.
Natalie Portman

It's always strange being a kid on the set, because you're treated like an equal when you're working. But then when you break, the other actors go back to their trailers to take naps and drink beer, and I have to, like, go do school.
Natalie Portman

My dad's a doctor, and when I was 8, I went to one of his medical conferences where they were demonstrating laser surgery on a chicken. I was so mad that a chicken had to die, I never ate meat again.
Natalie Portman

My father has a general rule. He says if I haven't done it in real life I shouldn't do it on-screen.
Natalie Portman

Ninety per cent of how you learn is watching great people. When you are surrounded by good actors it lifts your performance.
Natalie Portman

Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women.
Natalie Portman

Star Wars hasn't changed my life at all.
Natalie Portman

The best part about being friends with your parents is that no matter what you do, they have to keep loving you.
Natalie Portman

The only place I am recognized all the time is in L.A. and otherwise, it's only about once a day. I feel pretty anonymous.
Natalie Portman

There are movies where we are interested in seeing people's lives without agreeing with what they're doing.
Natalie Portman

There's always pressure, from other people and yourself. If you're happy with the looks you're born with, then what are you going to do your whole life?. We keep thinking up new things and finding better ways of doing things because we're not happy with what we're given.
Natalie Portman

There's so much else to do in the world. To just be interested in doing films would limit my life.
Natalie Portman

They tell me: 'OK, this is where we're going to push up your cleavage,' and I'm like, 'What cleavage?'
Natalie Portman

When a guy tells me I'm cute, it's not something desirable. Cute is more like what you want your pet to be.
Natalie Portman

When I was 7 years old, I put on shows for everyone at my grandpa's funeral. I was always the little entertainer.
Natalie Portman

Where I live, nobody who's fourteen is having sex and doing major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, you may be influenced by it. I think it's so important to preserve your innocence.
Natalie Portman

No comments: