Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guy Ritchie Said


After Lock, Stock, all these really nasty small town characters came knocking at my door trying to tell me stories, and somehow I ended up with this guy whose brother was feeding people to pigs, and that's what he did to get rid of people.
Guy Ritchie

All the other guys I think had a scream on Lock, Stock. They just had a laugh and a crack, and thought it would never come out; they were just having a good time. On this one, I felt that.
Guy Ritchie

I can understand that the whole world is interested in my wife Madonna. That's even why I married her.
Guy Ritchie

I got into film-making because I was interested in making entertaining movies, which I felt there was a lack of.
Guy Ritchie

I got too fed up with films that didn't make you think. I liked the idea of one that you'd have to be dancing around with. I like my mind to be engaged when I watch a film.
Guy Ritchie

I like death. I'm a big fan of it.
Guy Ritchie

I like to think that we've got a plan, so let's stick to it. That said, once we've stuck to it, we're allowed as much improvisation as anyone cares to indulge themselves in.
Guy Ritchie

I love fatherhood. I could bang on about kids forever.
Guy Ritchie

I think there's a natural system in your own head about how much violence the scene warrants. It's not an intellectual process, it's an instinctive process.
Guy Ritchie

If somebody has a better idea than me, I'll take it if it surpasses what we have on the page because at the end of the day, it's me that takes the credit anyway!
Guy Ritchie

In fact, 95% of the people in my films have been nothing less than a pleasure to work with.
Guy Ritchie

It's about not letting the internal enemy, the real enemy, have his way because the more he does the stronger he becomes. The film's about the devastating results that can manifest from the internal enemy being unbridled and allowed to unleash chaos.
Guy Ritchie

Jake Green isn't just Jake Green. Jake represents all of us. The colour green is the central column of the spectrum and the name Jake has all sorts of numerical values. All things come back to him within the film's world of cons and games.
Guy Ritchie

My principal job is to make interesting and entertaining films, and I'm not proud of which format or which particular technique I use. I just wanted the film to look good.
Guy Ritchie

On Lock, Stock, we didn't know where the money for shooting the next day was coming from.
Guy Ritchie

Other than the fact that I like a country house, I can't think of anything I'd want to spend my money on.
Guy Ritchie

Previously, on Lock, Stock, I went to bed at two in the morning and woke up at five in the morning, and on this one I was known to nod off on the set occasionally.
Guy Ritchie

The best thing to do is find one person in your life and try to love them unconditionally. If you've accomplished that, you've accomplished a lot.
Guy Ritchie

The idea is that that there is no such thing as an external enemy.
Guy Ritchie

They're all based on factual characters. Well, a good amount of them. That's why I was attracted to this genre anyways, because these characters are so large and cartoonish, they're like caricatures, I just felt that there had to be a film made about them.
Guy Ritchie

We can all be conned but at what point do we realize that we're being conned and to what point do we allow ourselves to be conned?
Guy Ritchie

We're quite volatile as individuals, but that doesn't work exponentially when we are together. Relationships are about eating humble pie.
Guy Ritchie

Well, what I try to do is throw as much mud on the wall as I possibly can and just see what sticks, what shines as quirky or more interesting that the others, and I try to cling onto that one, somehow join a link from there to there.
Guy Ritchie

Yeah, I'm certainly a lot more confident on this one than I was one the last one, which I think can be a good thing and a bad thing. But, at least I slept while making this film.
Guy Ritchie

No comments: