Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taffy By Your Side



TAFFY BY YOUR SIDE


Almighty power-
Restores Taffy’s perfection
for eternity.

She - hears - sad tears cried
Knows hole left in many hearts-
Feels outpouring love.

Sends down wet air-licks,
Apply daily, over here
tickle Glenn’s best ear.

No hurt here, Dad-Mom
just endless joy, love, head rubs-
Reminders of you!

I’m here to greet you
Later - God’s perfect time -will
remain at your side.

Don’t grieve much, Daddy
I haven’t died - just napping
on the other side

Will lie in peace here
dreaming doggie-dreams until
you come home to me!

Janet Leigh October 2008

2 comments:

Glenn Buttkus said...

Thank you so much, Janet. I love your poem and your emotions kick off mine yet again. Yes, we pet lovers make those fur kids part of our immediate family, and their deaths hit us like ball bats on our chest, over our hearts. Your love and concern is appreciated.

Glenn

Anonymous said...

Love and concern is easy to give to a guy like you, Glenn..:) You somehow bring the best out of me..and I loves that..heh heh.

I read my poem again, and that 6th stanza just set off another round of tears, I'm afraid; on the coattails of Alexie's powwow at the end of the world..God that one rips through me like a heat-seeking arrow..whew..I wish I knew Mr. Alexie..I know he'd enlarge my world, too, like you have.. \o/