Monday, May 25, 2009

Starting Time


Painting by Salvador Dali


STARTING TIME

Albert Huffstickler



Felicia, those flowers that you
sent after Susie killed herself -
I thought they were from her. I
got home and there they sat on the
porch and something happened in
my heart and I guess I thought it
was a delayed goodbye and then I
read the card and said, "Oh," and
didn't know whether I felt better
or worse. It was a kind thing to
do and I'm not sure why I'm telling
you all these months later. Except
that what happened in my heart
was that time stopped for a moment.
And we need to recognize those
moments when time stops - for
whatever reason - because they're
very important: that's how we keep
things going: by starting time again.

Sept. 29, 2000

Posted over on Mr. Cognito

No comments: