Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3 Fragments


Fragments

CL Bledsoe


1
People chatter like birds also similarly
leave pamphlets about redemption
splattered
on my windshield
from a distance they appear to be
parking tickets
so that whenever I see anything religious
I’m instantly angry

2
Someone tell me why the wind tastes like
burger king why the rain plops splatters
gives the dirt cellulite We are so stupid
we believe what we tell us we deserve
what’s coming to us They
deserve worse Eat till your heart’s content
if it ever is send me the recipe

It isn’t so much the smell of traffic
as the taste of asphalt under our tongues
when we jump
I’ve noticed no one corrects me when
I mention
that all we need is rev
olving doors (no fibber’s going to get me)

3
Eat everything on your plate whether hungry
or simply out of greed otherwise
we eliminate the disparagement
between the classes I noticed in my
university days
the dynamic of students’ standing around
in front of each building
determined the major
represented by that building for example
the English building was surrounded
by smoking professors students sucking
up to them boredly discussing cultural
happenings

the business building was full of people
standing in the halls talking If there
were only two people they’d be arranged
so as to obstruct as much traffic flow
as possible I’m not saying this
was on purpose it’s more meaningful
as a coincidence



CL Bledsoe

Posted over on Writing From Scars

No comments: