Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blend In


Deviant Art by destructoguy


"Blend In"


1

Diamond tipped carelessness
cuts glass
making it hard to see through
without seeing two
images
one thing I swore I’d never tell her
was that I never loved
anyone
When life gets hard
buy a baseball cap
a pair
of khakis
tennis shoes
that cost more
than any book
you’ve ever read
blend in like whipped egg.
Buy a truck or an SUV
park it at
precisely the most obstructive point
in any parking lot
then stand slightly away from it
point back at it
and say
look at that SUV (or truck) parked
at precisely the most obstructive
point in the parking lot
I bet the guy who drives it
has a huge penis

Either that or start carrying an
axe
carve your name
into the paint jobs of decadence
You’ve either got to give it up
right away
or earn your soul back
through strenuous
ongoing
complaining
Heard a noise
in the streets
of celebration
Thought it might be Jesus
coming back but it was just the McRib
That
I can afford



2

Children throw rocks
into the calm center
of my solitude
this is a nice way of saying
the world
wouldn’t be
so bad
if it weren’t
for all the billboards
the smell of rotten meat
lingering in the parking lot
of the doctor’s office
the need
to piss
in alleyways
(you can deny it’s you
but someone is doing it)
the warm murmur of the herd
letting me know
no one in this room
would find anything
I care about
remotely interesting
This is the sort of thing
sets us
buying soiled undies
online
You must be ever vigilant
you don’t let your friends know
they’ve become
everything you hate



3

Smug smile like it was his idea the sun shone today
that’s fine
but take
responsibility for everything else
spilled coffee on the crotch of exuberance
growing cold
leaking through
to stain her strap-on
Whose idea was it
to make life so easy
to avoid
Son of a bitch
pulled out
in front of me on my way
to the ice cream place
then sped up
so I couldn’t complain
without feeling a little silly


CL Bledsoe

Posted over on Outsider Ink

No comments: