Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Postnotations


POSTNOTATIONS

Guinea pig
livid fetus I say of the plateau
enpipes the air
and in uniplaint islates its puffy I
from the telluric sphere

I high altitude guinea pig

Ugly mug
bitty bogeyman of all
but inorbital amazement
elbowed to the edge of
its caries of nothing

With tedium and killed time
I cogitabound exhume
livid tibias oboes libidos
invertebrates idlings
remains perhaps of the dream
of daydreaming sleep up late
followorlding I say

Beyond retracing the night
without a star custodian
grows in sure relief
the intimate return to a quiescent thirst
but though it forgets the muddy
agonized beast of burden
its most wasted lodger fades my signal
and I can’t find my key

Sipid adult hollow craving its own echo
perchance overhung by invisible thermic
hypertense threads on my much hair
and over-the-edge pit flutters the silence
of my wide crow hat though I’m alive
I think
By such a minimal spider also hung
from the invisible
in the abject time of why where when
with translucent mobile gris-gris
of the twinkling of an eye
and steadiness of pendulum
so solitarily accompanied
and friend of night

Not the other or the other
nor the same in the other
or in the other
the other
not the other
not her

Between the rest of the remainder
and my progeny of zeros on the left
solely the solitude
of this homeland of nobody nobody
keeps me company

I wanted it all in my maw
wanted more and more
now hungry pariah all alone
vain ravening remains and so on

Steppe-ing I follow
the bands of dunes
my camel yawns
open in my sand


Oliverio Girondo

Posted over on Poems & Poetics

Translated from Spanish by Molly Weigel

No comments: