Saturday, January 15, 2011

This Particular Dance

Image borrowed from Yahoo


this particular dance


I don’t know how to do it

this dance

and I’ve always hated doing things I’m not good at
at least until
I got good at them
and this particular dance makes me feel
like I’m falling over my feet

or worse
yours

what if
instead
we walked a while

I never was a good multi-tasker
or dancer
of this particular dance

but when we walk
I can think
listen
talk

When I’m mucking about having to focus
on getting the moves
right
and when I’m dancing where I should be walking
all I can think about
is finding the damn road map

Ironic
since no map-following
would likely be the better
route
in this journey
meandering back roads
tripping up surprise hills
and
into hidden trails

And see
dancing is for eyes closed

and not thinking
or
steps
or
directions

or
finding
“truth” in something
outside the dancer

especially when it doesn’t exist
yet

dancing is for
revelling
in that thing
already
found

Jennifer Morrison

Posted over on her site Jen's Realia
Listed as #101 over on Magpie Tales 48

No comments: