Sunday, February 6, 2011

Walk This Way

Image borrowed from Yahoo


Walk This Way

"If you ever want to get there,
you have to hurry up."
"I'm going as fast as I can"

The one girl turns back to look at her slower friend.

"Who thought this was the best way to get there ?"

She said with a smirk

"I know. Not the best choice but too late now"
"Really. You got that right"

As the two sort of walked down the road
one said to the other,

"Who put these in ? Ancient Romans ..."

(Looking down as she walked. So as not to break a heel.)

"I think they did it so you'd have to think while you hobble along"
"Oh, I get it. It's a hobble cobble stone"
" Ha Ha Very funny !!!"

"Next time I'm wearing my black flats."
"You mean there's going to be a next ?"
"Maybe"

At the cafe door were two young men talking.
When they saw the two girls
making their way to them,
they smiled.

There would indeed be a next time.
Maybe not this cafe
on this cobble stone road
but this adventure
would continue ...

Janet Elliott

aka: ~JC~

Posted over on her site Lilacs and Cats
Listed as #84 over on Magpie Tales 51

No comments: