Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twas An Hillarious Day

Painting by Domingo Diuric


Twas An Hillarious Day


Rode a bunch of
South Seattle/Renton/Skyway/Tukwila
hills today.
Ten miles of 'em.
Thought I'd see if the exercise
had any effect on the migraine.
Can't say as it had, but who knows?
I was wondering how to refer
to my lowest ratio gearset,
so I asked my old pal, Hamlet.
This is what he said.
This is what Hamlet said.

"Well" he said, Hamlet said,
"You could call it your "Granny Gear"
'cause it's the easiest one to push,
but that makes you sound kinda wimpy.
That could be humorous
if everyone could see that you are
an incredibly, massively strong
biking monster.
Which they can't
And which you're not.

Or" he continued, "you could call it
your "Stump Puller" which adds
a touch of the absurd
in picturing pulling stumps with a bicycle.
That has a bit of appeal.
On the other hand...we have a thumb..
hahahaha"
Not not a great sense of humor,
but he continues;
"Compound Low is another possibility, or..."
Anyway, I stopped listening about then,
trying to get a straight answer from the guy
is next to impossible.

Anyway, I still see stars around my head
and feel like shit.
Speaking of shit;
Life is shit, and money is toilet paper.
The bigger the ass, the more paper needed.

Doug Palmer

Posted over on his site Feel Free to Laugh

2 comments:

Lane Savant said...

Why is this funny on your site and not on mine?

Glenn Buttkus said...

Twas tweaked and resorted into
lines you wrote and I saw,
and the image helps a lot.