Sunday, August 28, 2011

Golden

images of Kathleen Kistner.

Golden

there is a quiet golden
in this evening as it settles
unequaled in its beauty
by even that of precious metals
it embraces vesper’s hour
with a subtle gentle heat
lays down upon the land
like the roll of amber wheat
it dances in the air
strokes your hair aglow in smolders
folds its warmth upon your face
fondles fiery ’round your shoulders
it ignites a special magic
as though dreams are coming true
paints the world in a splendor
almost beautiful as you
a goddess of the sun
in this moment you catch fire
my heart a helpless tinder
now sparked by love’s desire
caught by beauty’s flame
I’m filled with passion’s yearning
my soul is set ablaze
please don’t leave me burning
before I am consumed
quench me with your precious kiss
for if I am to be consumed
I pray it be in bliss
• • •
rob kistner

2011

Posted over on his site Image and Verse
Listed as #5 over on Magpie Tales 80

No comments: